Network Security Engineer
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 17, 2019
What you'll be doing...
We take the complexity out of IT solution management. We enable our
customers to use the right technologies to improve the way they do
business. Our brightest minds are pushing the boundaries to provide
innovative solutions and you can be part of this vital team. The
customer experience will be in your hands as you work alongside a
team of highly talented Network Security Professionals designing
security solutions for our most important customers to keep their
networks safe and secure.
You understand the critical importance of keeping a network secure
and you know how to do it. You thrive on having a big impact on
your customer and their business. You are an active listener and
like to gain a deep understanding of all the issues before you come
up with a solution. You can explain technical issues to the
non-technical listener in a way that they understand. People listen
to you and trust you because you bring a quiet confidence along
with your knowledge and expertise.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Meeting with customers to understand their security needs and
- Implementing design changes and setting security parameters for
- Collaborating with managers and technical staff to solve
problems and develop technical requirements.
- Writing reports and presenting them to the business.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Proofpoint, Zscaler, Tanium, Tufin, Sentinel
- Experience with management of network security tools.
- Experience in Network Security.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Communication,
Systems Engineering or relevant fields.
- Network, Firewall, Network Security, and Network Administration
- Knowledge of virtualization, F5, Palo Alto, and/or Juniper
- Experience with Network testing and Web Application
Penetration, Vulnerability scanning (e.g. Qualys, Nessus) and/or
- Government systems experience.
- Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Colorado Springs , Network Security Engineer, Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!