Senior Certification Engineer
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Date Posted:2019-04-02-07:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N
Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USACollins Aerospace is a
leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for
the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by
bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems,
Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and
expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the
demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation,
safety and cost efficiency. But we dont just get people from point
A to point B. Were committed to making air travel more comfortable,
connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and
services, were helping airlines and original equipment
manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers.
With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states
across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, were
changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our
Role OverviewThe Certification Engineer provides certification
engineering support for specialty seating products within the
commercial aerospace industry. Responsible for engineering support
for both internal and external customers through problem solving,
finding/showing compliance to regulatory requirements (TSO-C39,
TSO- C127, TSO-C72, PMA etc.), and engineering documentation
maintenance.The responsibilities for the Certification Engineer
- Compiles FAA certification documentation for submission to
commercial aircraft OEM's and regulatory agencies
- Reviews and approve design changes from a certification
perspective and conducts analysis to show compliance to applicable
regulations such as TSO-C39, TSO-C127, TSO-C72, PMA etc.
- Represents the Certification team in design reviews.
- Supports design optimization tasks (e.g. weight reduction)
- Participates in defining certification approaches and in
- Leads test activities such as Dynamic, Static, Flammability,
Environmental (DO-160), Reliability testing and other activities as
pertain to qualification activity of the seat.
- Authors, updates, and review engineering documentation such as
test plans, reports, similarity statements, Analysis, MOD reports
and issue papers.
- Administrates certification efforts.
- Performs material selection and material specification
- Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad
- Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned
- Provides technical leadership to a small group of temporarily
assigned engineers and technicians.
- Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase
within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
- Participates in defining of engineering approaches and in
- Ensures quality product utilizing UTAS quality procedures.
- Audits work area for safety compliance.
- Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
- Performs other duties as requiredExperience Required:
- Ability to perform classical stress analysis.
- Must be familiar with strengths of standard aviation
- Experience issuing RFC or requesting RFC from FAA/OEM
- Prior experience reviewing and approving drawings.Experience
- Experience in aerospace engineering and/or manufacturing
- Experience with aerospace certification and qualification
- Experience with aerospace flammability requirements (e.g.
- Prior delegation from Airbus/Boeing (e.g. drawing
- Experience with Airplane Seating TSO C127 is highly
- 3D CAD experience or training is desired
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple
projects concurrently.Skills Required:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively with
team members and cross functional teams.
- Ability to lead project team and drive team towards a common
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pace environment
- Understanding of commercial aerospace design protocol is
- Must be able to communicate with individuals at all levels of
the organization and with external clients.
- Ability to work proficiently in Microsoft Office Suite
applications and other project and engineering related software
- Drive for Results
- Meets deadlines
- Organized and ability prioritize multiple efforts Customer
- Meets expectations of internal and external customers
- Customer is first priority
- Willing to learn and grow technical skills and stay current
- Work with minimal direction.
- Willing to mentor junior engineers.QualificationsRequired
- This position requires a bachelors degree in the appropriate
discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree
in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.--
In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is
- This position prefers a bachelors degree in Mechanical
Engineering or Aerospace Engineering and 5 years of relevant
experience or an Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering or
Aerospace Engineering and 3 years of relevant experience.At
Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility.
And the bonds we form with our customers and with each other --
propel us all higher, again and again.
--Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and
separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage And more
--Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical
and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a
background check, which may include a drug screen.Note:
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees
who have been gone from the company for more than 1
yearUTAS4220182Collins Aerospace--is An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
protected class.Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd
like to make it clear that Collins Aerospace never asks candidates
for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you
suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not
respond, send money or personal information. Please report any
suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.Apply now and be part of
the team thats redefining aerospace, every day.United Technologies
Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
Terms:Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Colorado Springs , Senior Certification Engineer, Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!