Sr. Engineer, Design Engineering
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Date Posted:2019-02-26-08:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N
Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USACollins Aerospace is a
leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for
the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by
bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems,
Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and
expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the
demands of a rapidly evolving global market.Do you want to be a
part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the
world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems
team helps civilian, military and government customers complete
their most complex missions whatever and wherever they may be. Our
customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications,
missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and
collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, youll have your
own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today
while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the
challenge? Join our mission today.This position is for a seasoned
Design Engineering professional, working independently. Checks
completed layouts, communicates with other engineering personnel,
resolves design problems, designs new products, maintains existing
products, resolves difficult-to-complex design problems, and
implements common procedures.
- Responsible for being the technical leader for small & medium
- Successfully executes on design/development tasks required to
develop and qualify aircraft ejection seats.
- Utilizes NX 8.5 CAD software to produce 3D design models and to
facilitate the drafting department in producing drawings
- Reviews all work submitted from the UTAS Global Engineering
Center-India (GEC-I) and coordinates with appropriate Engineering
- Design ejection seat products or subcomponents utilizing NX 8.5
CAD system and Team Center Product Lifecycle Management
- Works as the liaison between COS Design Engineering and GEC-I
Engineering on technical design tasks.
- Works as part of a cohesive engineering team and with the
Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT) to develop various
aircraft seating products.
- Works as part of a cohesive test team testing ejection seats
with state of the art anthropometric manikins (similar to
automotive industry manikins) at ejection velocities from zero
airspeed to beyond the speed of sound (800+ MPH groundspeed)
- Reviews requirements and evaluates new product design and
functionality in support of meeting customer requirements and
successful certification efforts.
- Facilitates necessary customer requirement testing to ensure
- Interacts with Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assists Engineering Management to coordinate the timely
delivery of product design and customer proposal requests.
- Conceptualizes and prepares preliminary and final detail design
and documentation of systems, components, and assemblies.
- May occasionally design test fixtures, tooling, and aircraft
fuselage mounts and undercarriages to mount to our track for our
- Support bid and proposal activities for small, medium, and
- Adheres to all Collins rules and codes of conduct.
- Performs other duties as required.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 5+ years experience
- Master's degree in Engineering with 2+years experience
- Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering degree is
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in an Integrated
Product Development Team (IPDT) environment
- A minimum of 5 years in a lead engineering role including
experience leading product development projects through SRRs, PDRs,
CDRs, TRRs, and PRRs.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and skills facilitating working in
a teamwork environment
- Strong analytical skills including strong knowledge of physics,
dynamics, and statics.
- Direct experience with manufacturing processes
- Experience presenting design solutions to internal and external
- 3D CAD experience with high end CAD software (e.q. NX,
Catia,)UTAS4220182Candidates for this role should possess a
Bachelors degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an
Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical
and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a
background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees
who have been gone from the company for more than 1 yearUnited
Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it
clear that Collins Aerospace never asks candidates for money. If
you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be
fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or
personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to
Talent Acquisition.United Technologies Corporation is An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Colorado Springs , Sr. Engineer, Design Engineering, Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!