Company: L-3 National Security Solutions
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 17, 2019
DescriptionL3 Applied Defense Solutions currently has an opening
for an Aerospace Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO.KEY ROLE:The
Aerospace Engineer will perform as a member of a top-tier software
engineering team to develop cutting-edge systems for the space
industry. The engineer will use a deep understanding of
astrodynamics theory to predict orbit determination, satellite
characterization, observation modeling and processing, and
spacecraft design. The engineer will work with program managers,
system engineers, and software engineers to design, assess, and
improve systems related to Space Situational Awareness (SSA)
operations. This position is at the Catalyst Campus in Downtown
Colorado Springs, CO.This position can be hired at a Level 4 or
Level 5 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to
the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the
- 5+ years of experience in Spacecraft Systems or Spacecraft
- Foundational understanding of Spacecraft Systems and/or
- Experience in requirements development, validation, and
- Experience developing and modifying custom algorithms in MATLAB
- Experience evaluating and using state-of-the-art technology to
solve difficult engineering challenges.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- B. S. degree in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering,
Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Active Top Secret (TS) security clearance.DESIRED SKILLS:
- Work with aggressive timelines, in a team environment with a
willingness to learn and grow.
- Military or Intelligence Community experience. Preference in
- Experience as a member of a cross-discipline team delivering
solutions to challenging customer problems.
- Familiarity with astrodynamics analytical tools such as
Freeflyer, STK, MATLAB and other programming languages (e. g. Java,
C++, Python) is a plus.
- Experience with engineering practices like the Agile
- M. S. degree or higher in Aerospace Engineering, Space Studies,
Mathematics or related discipline.
- Active TS/SCI clearance desired.L3 is an equal opportunity
employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and
disabled individuals to apply. We maintain a drug-free workplace
and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include
background checks.L3 is a prime contractor in aerospace systems and
national security solutions. L3 is also a leading provider of a
broad range of communication and electronic systems and products
used on military and commercial platforms.L3 Applied Defense
Solutions (ADS) is a highly-specialized Technical Services and
Solutions group that applies our operational experience and
development knowledge to provide unique subject matter expertise
and to build highly effective mission critical systems for its'
customers. L3 ADS addresses the space systems, national security
space, geospatial information systems, and modeling & simulation
markets for the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community,
Civil Space, and the Commercial Space Industry. L3 ADS has on-going
work spanning the full project life cycle from mission concept
studies, research & development, system development & integration,
mission planning, and mission operations across multiple satellite
orbit regimes (LEO, HEO, GEO, lunar, and interplanetary).During the
history of our group, our highly technical staff has operational
experience flying more than 50 satellites including past and future
NASA science missions (IBEX, LCROSS, LADEE, CPOD, OCO-2, TESS and
CYGNSS), military communications satellites, and commercial imagery
satellites. The partnership and collaboration among the L3 ADS
staff possessing a broad range of skills and a diverse set of
background experiences make the L3 ADS team a dynamic and exciting
place to work.US Security Clearance Required:Top Secret/SCI
Keywords: L-3 National Security Solutions, Colorado Springs , Aerospace Engineer, Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!