Company: La Quinta Colorado Springs - South/Airport
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Highgate HotelsHighgate is a leading real estate investment and
hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in
the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.LocationLa Quinta
Colorado Springs - South/Airport2750 Geyser DriveColorado Springs,
CO 80906OverviewThe Engineering Supervisor is responsible for the
day-to-day operations of the Engineering Department. In the absence
of the Director and/or Assistant, the Supervisor will assume the
administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel for
the Engineering department.Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and implementing plans to maintain
property, equipment, grounds and other assets, in a safe and
acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure that the hotel is in compliance with all local, state
and federal laws.
- Ensure that all emergency and life safety equipment and systems
are inspected, tested and certified per hotel standards or
authority having jurisdiction.
- Supervise the Engineers and ensure they are properly trained in
the customer service program, standard operating procedures and
loss prevention standards.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs per
Highgate Hotels standards.
- Review all Guest and Meeting Planner comment cards to ensure
that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Assist with the administration of all vendor contracts
controlled by the Engineering Department hotel standards.
- Assist in developing and controlling wage/salary, other
expenses and energy budgets per Highgate Hotels financial
- Assist in developing financial forecasts and actively
participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Repair and program hotel electronic lock system.
- Assist in scheduling preventive maintenance tasks.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field required.
- At least three years progressive experience in a hotel or
related field preferred.
- Trade school and/or College course work in related field
- Previous supervisory skills required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently
and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push,
pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs
- Perform other duties as requested by management. -
Keywords: La Quinta Colorado Springs - South/Airport, Colorado Springs , Engineer Supervisor, Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!