TPS Release Train Engineer (RTE)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.The
Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the
boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and
drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with
providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design,
produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while
providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of
our mission!What You'll Get to Do: The Northrop Grumman Specialized
Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) Modeling & Simulation
Software (MSS) is seeking an Release Train Engineer (RTE)r to join
our team of qualified and diverse leaders at Schriever Space Force
Base in Colorado Springs, Colorado. SWDC supports a wide range of
Missile Defense Agency (MDA) directorates with multiple products &
capabilities under the MSS Task Order. Northrop Grumman's Space
Systems Sector is seeking applicants for a Release Train Engineer
(RTE) position on the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract's
Modeling and Simulation Team. As a member of the team you will be
working with a talented team supporting the Missile Defense
Agencies critical engineering mission. As the Agile RTE, the
selected candidate will facilitate Agile Release Train processes
and execution, escalate impediments, manage risk, ensure value
delivery, and drive continuous improvement. The selected candidate
will be a leader on the program and facilitate the efforts of
multiple teams to:Gather requirements, plan increments and
releases, develop best practices, establish program level SAFe
Agile engineering and management principles and processes, release
product(s) and deliver value, communicate across the organization,
and directly with the Government customer, regarding plans,
execution status and issues,Understanding Northrop Grumman SAFe
will be essential, along with the responsibility to help grow and
mature this NG branded capability.Position Summary /
- Leads the efforts of developing SAFe engineering and management
best practices, metrics, and audit practices.
- Ensures value is being delivered to the customer and aligns
technical, business, and execution strategies.
- Removes impediments to progress and escalates when
- Proactively identifies, mitigates, and manages risks.
- Builds and supports multiple, self-organizing teams that are
cross-functional and include a range of technical disciplines from
software engineering to cyber to testing automation.
- Supports and facilitates PI Planning efforts and
- Understands and facilitates the Agile mindset and concepts such
as continuous integration, test-driven development, and product
- Practices servant leadership and champions the Agile mindset
through coaching and mentoring.
- Collects, analyzes and reports metrics for trends and
- Has a deep understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Regularly interacts with the customer, Product Owners, Scrum
Masters, and various leadership levels.
- Participates in Earned Value Management tracking and
- Position may require up to 25% travel.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or
related discipline from an accredited college.
- 9 years or more of professional experience; or 7 years of
professional experience with a Master's degree.
- 2 years of experience as a RTE or Scrum Master (or similar
relatable experience - i.e. Professional Scrum Master, Certified
Scrum Practitioner, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, etc.)
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearancePreferred
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Familiarity with Missile Defense, Missile Warning and Space
Situational Awareness missions.
- Background in software development or software development
- Knowledge of System Engineering principles and requirements
- Experience with transitioning teams from Waterfall to Agile
methods and practices.
- Certification in one or more of these designations is desired:
Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Scrum at Scale
Practitioner, Certified Agile Coach, Certified facilitator,
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Scrum Trainer, and
Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Experience implementing Agile principles and practices within
DoD or Federal government environments.
- Experience interacting with Government Stakeholders.
- End-to-end Agile Engineering practices including value stream
or Scrum or Extreme Programming within software, infrastructure,
hardware, and operational environments.
- Experience with Agile Lifecycle Management tools, preferably
- Has an understanding of Earned Value Management principles.
Salary Range: $141,800 USD - $212,800 USD Employees may be eligible
for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses
are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , TPS Release Train Engineer (RTE), Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!