Sr. Principal Network Engineer - Cross Domain Solution and Development (22-316)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Launch and Missile Defense
Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Principal
Network Engineer - Cross Domain Solution and Development to join
our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be
located out of Schriever Space Force Base, Colorado Springs,
- Responsible for developing java applications responsible for
message translation and filtering to facilitate Radiant Mercury
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding the java tool that
generates Radiant Mercury Guard Rules
- Responsible for development, configuration control, deployment
and testing of Radiant Mercury Configuration (including Rules)
- Responsible for development of Java application development for
CDS test framework including message generators Candidate will be a
S8.2 Network Development Engineer responsible for planning,
deploying, integrating, and testing upgrades to the S8.2 C2BMC
network to operational sites.
- Candidate will be required to travel to remote locations to
perform network installations in accordance with Program
configuration management processes, independently perform
troubleshooting, and provide status updates to Program
personnel.Basic Qualifications:If applicable, please note your
updated security clearance and IAT/relevant certifications on your
- An active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required.
- 9 Years with Bachelor's degree in a related field; 13 years'
experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher
(Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- The candidate must be a proven network engineer with hands-on
experience and knowledge of network architecture design,
development and testing methodologies. Strong and proven Network
Development experience with developing, testing and deploying new
and upgraded capabilities.
- Experience with Network Automation to include both development
and deployment of Network and Management systems.
- Proven experience with Ansible or other automation tools.
- Network Management and Monitoring Systems (MicroFocus
Operations Bridge Manager Suite with Business Value Dashboards,
NMMI with Net Performance Server and Traffic iSPI's, Network
Automation, Ops Analytics Orchestration, SiteScope, HP System
Insight Manager, JUNOS Space, Viavi GigaStor and Apex).
- Experience Loading and modifying MIBS and SEED files, writing
scripts for network automation and developing fixlets to be used
with IBM BigFix to efficiently deploy updates to the fielded
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and
network analytic tools.
- Experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as tcpdump,
Wireshark, OPNET ACElive & ITGuru). - Authentication & encryption
methods/capabilities (TACACS+, Active Directory, GPO's and GEM One
- Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG
compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts.
- Proven network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Script experience a plus.
- Candidates with experience planning and supporting the
deployment of network infrastructure are highly desired.
- Prior C2BMC network experience is also a plus.
- A solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing
protocols BGP and OSPF.
- Experience in UDP multicast, SONET, MSPP, VLANs, GRE Tunnels,
and TCP/IP network designs.
- Hands on experience with multi-vendor switching routing
- Industry vendor certifications from Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS,
JNCIP, JNCIE) and Cisco (CCNA, CCNP) a plus.What We Can Offer
You:Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and
a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the
mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman
benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the
benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your
benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
NGSpaceCOSpaceNGFeaturedJobsC2BMCAdditional Northrop Grumman
Information:" Salary Range: $103,900 USD - $155,900 USD Employees
may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Sr. Principal Network Engineer - Cross Domain Solution and Development (22-316), Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!