Facilities Maintenance Technician
Company: Catholic Charities of Central Colorado, Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 4, 2022
To help further the mission of Catholic Charities of Central
Colorado by providing a variety of maintenance tasks, such as
carpentry, minor electrical, plumbing, painting, and landscaping at
the Marian House-Hanifen Center Campus. Success in this position is
achieved by staying ahead of the game and doing preventative
maintenance, fixing it before it breaks down and up keeping up on
all inspections before a serious problem develops and we have an
interruption in service. Essential Duties Light Maintenance
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, clean filters, and replace
motor belt or brushes as needed.
- Move and maintain office furniture and equipment when
requested. May include set up and tear down.
- Paint interior and some exterior spaces as needed.
- Perform light maintenance: change light bulbs, hang pictures,
replace light fixtures, ballasts, and ceiling tiles; repairs of
equipment and to the facility including plumbing fixtures and
carpentry. Perform special projects as needed.
- Maintain the grounds: keep sidewalks free of debris and snow
(occasionally before and after hours, as needed); provide light
concrete repairs as needed, ensure the sprinkler system is
operating properly to include seasonal startup and shutdown;
maintain landscape to include plants, flowers, and bushes; trim and
- Maintain the flat roof and flat roof drains to keep clear of
debris quarterly, or as needed.
- Organize facility closets, monitor supplies and alert
supervisor regarding maintenance of adequate stock. Maintain
inventory of tools/supplies in good working order.
- Water and prune interior plants.
- Coordinate carpet cleaning to maintain/clean carpets throughout
- Maintain and clean parking lot.
- Find creative solutions for a wide variety of facility needs,
and provide input to supervisor.
- Oversee contractors in the absence of the Lead Operations
- Be available for facility emergency situations.
- Participate in regular department/agency meetings. Custodial
- Perform custodial tasks not provided by contractor.
- Follow appropriate HAZMAT and HAZCOM procedures.
- Other duties as assigned. Competencies
- Strong ability to maintain items and equipment in a neat,
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns of vacuum and
- Possess an attitude of pride in workmanship and can achieve
high standards consistently.
- Ability to use or quickly learn Outlook & Excel to facilitate
scheduling and communication/follow-up. Work Environment
- A majority of the assigned duties are performed in an office
- The employee is subject to both inside and outside
- The employee is required to use their hands and fingers to
handle or feel, reach with arms and hands, stand, walk, climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, lift supplies and equipment up to 20
pounds in weight. This position experiences frequent repetitive
motion to perform the required duties.
- This position requires the ability to work with toxic chemicals
that are present in cleaning supplies and other compounds used in
maintaining the facility and grounds.
- Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with
disabilities to perform the described essential functions of this
position. This description is not intended, and should not be
construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It
is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job
elements essential for making compensation decisions.
- High school diploma/equivalency.
- Experience with basic electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Knowledge of HVAC a plus.
- A valid driver's license is required to drive company vehicle
to pick up supplies.
- Demonstrated self-starter and ability to work independently
with little supervision.
- Unquestionable personal integrity and maintain confidentiality
of sensitive information.
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively, and multitask in a
- Ability to organize and prioritize a diverse workload to
accomplish tasks. Coordinate maintenance/repairs in order to best
utilize time and materials, and to properly handle materials to
- Ability to operate light to mid-range equipment/machinery.
- Capable of using sound judgment within defined policies and
procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Willingness/ability to be flexible and to alter schedule for
special circumstances (i.e. snow removal).
- Demonstrated ability to apply culturally appropriate skills in
interactions with clients, co-workers, volunteers, partner
agencies, and other community members.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), problem solving,
listening, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to form and
maintain positive work relationships.
- Ability and willingness to work within the established
structure of Catholic Charities.
- Occasional evenings and weekends are required to accommodate
meetings and special events. Compensation The salary for this
position is $17.00. Salary is determined based on the applicant's
incoming skills and experience, and the budget at time of hiring.
- Part Time: 20 hours per week
- Schedule: Monday - Friday Benefits
- Discretionary Time Off (used for sick leave and vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Short-term Disability - up to 30 days
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Part-time employees can contribute pre-tax funds toward a
Healthcare and/or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Tax Deferred Annuities (TDA's) are offered pre-tax for
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Equal Employment Opportunity
Catholic Charities is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against
applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race
(including traits historically associated with race, such as hair
texture and length, protective hairstyles), sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin,
disability, military status, genetic information, or any other
status protected by applicable state or local law. This prohibition
includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected
classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct
which has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with
an individual's work performance or creating an intimidating,
hostile, or offensive work environment. Applicants and employees
need not be Catholic. However, all employees are governed by Canon
Law or the teachings of the Catholic Church. PI186381755
Keywords: Catholic Charities of Central Colorado, Inc., Colorado Springs , Facilities Maintenance Technician, Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!