Floor Technician 2nd Shift St Francis Hospital
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Location: US-CO-COLORADO SPRINGSSystem ID: 732035Category:
Environmental Services / CustodialEmployment Status: Full-TimeUnit
Name: ST. FRANCIS MEDICAL CENTER ESUnit Contact: Amber Johnson 720
298 4218Target Hourly Rate: 17UNIT DESCRIPTION#IN #PM #HS #CBWe are
looking to fill second shift positions at:St Francis Medical
Center6001 E Woodmen RdColorado Springs, COWhat We Offer:
- 300.00 Sign on Bonus after 90 days!
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Yearly performance pay increase.
- Advancement Opportunity
- Insurance Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision & Life are offered
to full-time employees.
- 401K (Match up to 6% of gross pay
- Sodexo, the 18th largest employer in the world, has partnered
with Centura Health at Saint Francis Medical Center. We provide
Environmental Services, which support the Patient Experience 365
days a year. If you wish to grow as a professional in a company
that offers a high quality of life and virtually unlimited
professional opportunity, while at the same time receiving Medical
Benefits, a 401(k), the potential of up to 80 hours of paid
vacation, and paid time off related to 7 Holidays, join Sodexo! If
you like to work independently and also as a team in a fast paced,
cooperative, and professional environment, join Sodexo! If you want
to work in a place where hard work is valued and rewarded, and
innovation is celebrated, join Sodexo! Sodexo is an
- If you are creative and innovative and have a passion for
cleanliness and people this might be the job for you. Benefits
EligibilityFull Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee
should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a
healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We
also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings
programs and access to our employee assistance program and other
discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to
all employees). Position SummaryThe Floor Technician may work in
any location on client premises. This individual cleans and
maintains floors, carpets and hard surfaces in facilities or
locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools,
universities or other establishments. The general responsibilities
of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify
other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may
differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
requirements, and industry requirements.General Responsibilities:
- Maintains floor surfaces and stairwells, including, but not
limited to the following:
- Sweeps, mops, buffs, polishes, scrubs, strips and refinishes
hard-surface floors using heavy equipment;
- Vacuums, spot cleans and extracts carpeted floor surfaces;
- at healthcare facilities, educational facilities, manufacturing
spaces, production areas, athletic facilities, office buildings, or
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any maintenance
repairs or additions observed.
- Performs routine operational maintenance of cleaning equipment
per manufacturer specifications.
- May clean furniture.
- May empty trash, linen, and garbage containers.
- May handle hazardous waste in accordance with government
regulations and Sodexo standards.
- May wash walls and maintain baseboards and cove base
- May assist in training other employees.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such as in
Gymnasiums or Dance Studios, to include cleaning, screening,
stripping, sanding and refinishing.
- May participate in snow and ice management and removal duties,
including the operation of snow removal equipment
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety
requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- May drive golf carts, or other vehicles.
- May assist in inventorying floor care products.Qualifications &
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance
policies and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 12 months of related work experience preferred.
- Experience in all phases of floor and carpet care
- Knowledge of cleaning agents, equipment and methods of soil
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all
coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers
and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to use relevant electronic devices.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements
related to all assigned work.Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in in
outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment
required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.Sodexo is an
Keywords: Sodexo, Colorado Springs , Floor Technician 2nd Shift St Francis Hospital, Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!