Sr. Principal Network Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile
products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that
preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching
the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early
beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation,
redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various
sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills,
innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain
optimized product lines across the sector while providing a
decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to join
our team as a Sr. Principal Network Engineer based out of Colorado
What You'll get to Do:
- Candidate will be a S8.2 Network Development Engineer
responsible for planning, deploying, integrating, and testing
upgrades to the S8.2 C2BMC network to operational sites.
- Candidate will be required to travel to remote locations to
perform network installations in accordance with Program
configuration management processes, independently perform
troubleshooting, and provide status updates to Program
If applicable, please note your updated security clearance and
IAT/relevant certifications on your resume.
- An active Secret clearance is required.
- 9 Years with Bachelor's degree in a related field; 13 years'
experience in lieu of a degree.
- The candidate must be a proven network engineer with hands-on
experience and knowledge of network architecture design,
development and testing methodologies.
- Specific technical skills required include:
- Network Management Systems (HP NMMI, HP Network Automation, CA
Performance Center, CA Data Aggregator, CA Data Repository, CA
NetFlow Analyzer, JUNOS Space) or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, or
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and
network analytic tools - Virtualization technologies such a VMWare
vCenter and vSphere.
- Experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as
Wireshark, OPNET ACElive & ITGuru).
- Authentication & encryption methods/capabilities ( TACACS+,
Active Directory, GEM-X)IPSEC, KG-175D/F/G.
- Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as,
STIG/RMF compliance and system accreditation implementation
- Proven network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent writing and
presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with
other highly motivated network engineers as well as independently
at times on large field projects.
- Candidate must have proven troubleshooting skills. Preferred
- A solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing
protocols BGP and OSPF.
- Experience in UDP multicast, SONET, MSPP, VLANs, GRE Tunnels,
and TCP/IP network designs.
- Hands on experience with multi-vendor switching routing
- Industry vendor certifications from Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS,
JNCIP, JNCIE) required, from Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCSP) a plus.
- Experience with Network automated testing and delivery
- Candidates with experience planning and supporting the
deployment of a network infrastructure.
- Prior C2BMC network experience is also a plus. What We Can
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a
work environment that encourages your growth and supports the
mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman
benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the
benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your
benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Salary Min: $103,680
Salary Max: $155,520
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop
Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions. Associated topics:
avaya, cable technician, design engineer, frequency,
infrastructure, lan, network, scada, system analyst, test
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Sr. Principal Network Engineer, Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!