Unified Communications Engineer
Company: Apex Systems
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Position Description: The Unified Communications Engineer
installs, configures, optimizes, and maintains IP Telephony systems
and subsystems to include call managers, voice gateways, and voice
mail ensuring adherence to established departmental procedures and
standards. This position will also monitor IP Telephony systems and
subsystems including capacity and performance levels to proactively
identify potential issues to ensure uninterrupted service. In
addition, this position creates and maintains documentation and
operational procedures and scripts for all IP Telephony systems and
subsystems, including analysis of existing phone system
configurations. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: Design &
- Design and develop end-to-end Telephony systems and subsystems
to include call managers, voice gateways and voice mail ensuring
adherence to established Ent technology standards.
- Develop, document, communicate, and ensure a communication
technology standards policy.
- Regularly evaluate communication applications, infrastructure,
- Ensure all designs leverage common architectures and services
that can meet key design criteria (Availability, Recoverability,
Scalability, Performance characteristics) and can be properly
supported by operations teams.
- Work closely with the security team and defined processes and
procedure to ensure adherence to highest standards Support &
- Support, maintain and optimize end-to-end Telephony systems and
subsystems to include call managers, voice gateways and voice mail
ensuring adherence to established Ent technology standards.
- Creates and maintains documentation and operational procedures
for all IP Telephony systems and subsystems, including analysis of
existing phone system configurations.
- Creates and maintains scripts adhering to established quality
- Collaborates with information technology teams, operational
users, and vendors for defining, planning, costing, and
implementing IP Telephony services solutions/ projects to meet the
business objectives. Ensures completion within requested
timeframes, provides project status updates, and solicits input
from management as needed for adherence to IT standards.
- Assists with providing management with reporting regarding IP
Telephony systems and subsystems to include security activities,
capacity and performance trends, and overall health of the IP
Telephony environment. Minimum formal education required for this
position: Knowledge consistent with a Bachelor's degree in Computer
Science, Information Management or similar area of study. Each year
of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a
relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, a requirement
of "Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and
2+ years' of accounting experience" could be substituted for a High
School Diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience
or a Master's Degree in Accounting and 0 years of work experience.
Minimum work experience: 8+ years' of combined experience in IT
Engineering to include at least 4+ years' experience in a Unified
Communication Engineering/Architecture role. Technical or
- Advanced experience with design, implementation, and support of
a Cisco IP Telephony environment to include Communications Manager,
Voice Gateways, Unity Voice Mail, Unified Messaging, and Cisco
- Expert knowledge of basic networking concepts such as Quality
of Service (QoS), virtual LANS (VLANs), static routes, IP
- Excellent understanding of wide area network (WAN) connectivity
options such as MPLS, Optical Ethernet, SD-WAN, Virtual Private
Networks (VPNs), etc.
- Strong experience working with or within ITIL, DevOps, SRE, and
- Data driven mindset leveraging metrics to make data-based
- Root-cause problem solving mindset
- Strong written and oral communication, documentation, and
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Ability to coordinate work across multiple vendors.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
(Word/Excel/Outlook). Certifications required:
- Preferred) Cisco CCNA, Voice
- (Preferred) Cisco CCNP Voice
- (Preferred) CCIE Voice Contact: Ryan Carleo Apex SystemsEEO
EmployerApex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at or - provided by Dice
Keywords: Apex Systems, Colorado Springs , Unified Communications Engineer, Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!