Senior RF Connector Engineer
Company: Samtec, Inc
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Description Job title: Senior RF Connector Engineer
Summary/Objective: The Senior RF Connector Engineer will be
responsible for the product design of Samtec's RF interconnect
products. Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Review and rationalize new product scopes.
- Ability to be "forward-facing" to customers to identify
creative solutions and address customer and market needs.
- Conceptualize and design RF interconnect products using 3D
- Define characterization and test plans.
- Actively participate and support peer design reviews and other
- Review and approve detail drawings.
- Review test results and address deviations as required.
- Mentor and develop other members of the team.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously as priorities can
change very quickly.
- Work and communicate regularly with Marketing, Quality and
- ITAR: Must be able to legally work in the United States.
Position requires the candidate to be a US Person as defined in
ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (US Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and
defined by 8 USC 1101(a) (20). *The responsibilities as defined are
intended to serve as a general guideline for this position.
Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on
strengths and capabilities. Required Experience:
- 10+ Years' of experience in RF Connector Design
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and debugging mmWave (40+
GHz) interconnect products.
- Proficient in the interpretation of s-parameter and Time Domain
Reflectometry (TDR) measurements.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in blueprint
reading, GD&T and tolerance stack-ups.
- Ability to use SolidWorks and MS Office Suite, MS Project,
SharePoint Document Management and general computer literacy.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, a professional
demeanour, cooperative personality and a team attitude are all
required. Works well with others and interacts effectively and
efficiently with internal and external people and groups.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive cross functional team expertise including technical
and non-technical work.
- Analytical and creative thinker, problem solver,
result-orientated and focused.
- Motivated, high achiever, persistent and conscientious.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical
Engineering Training required:
- On the job training as appropriate. SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse
environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in
business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications,
without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social
or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability,
sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression,
marital status, past or present military service, family medical
history or genetic information, or any other status protected by
applicable laws. You have been redirected to a Samtec, Inc job
Keywords: Samtec, Inc, Colorado Springs , Senior RF Connector Engineer, Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!