Technical Support Engineer (Remote) - $60,000/year USD
Company: Crossover for Work
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Are you the most technical support agent on your current team
and ready to take your skills to the next level? Do you love
learning software products and using cutting-edge technology to
conquer challenges every day?
Our team supports 100 unique enterprise software products with
everything from mobile app development platforms to database
load-balancers. Our agents not only have the opportunity to learn,
use, and support these products, they also become deep technical
experts who can solve problems that no one has seen before. Every
day gives you a satisfying challenge when you get tickets from
multiple technology stacks that need an expert to deep dive into
the root causes and create solutions to new problems.
Crossover consistently wows its customers with the quality of
support we provide and is growing at a very exciting pace. Join our
advanced technical support team to see how interesting and
challenging we've made support.
What You Will Be Doing
- Making customers think you are magical by solving complicated
or never-before-seen issues with your technical and product
- Continuously growing your depth of knowledge on the products
you support, as well as expanding to new technologies and domains
as you learn more of our products.
- Sharpening your technical prowess by deep diving into source
code, databases, logs, and traces to get to the root cause of any
What You Won't Be Doing
- Stagnating on the same technology or product. A quarter of your
team is dedicated to learning and mastering additional products and
technology stacks, so you are continuously expanding your knowledge
and experience with enterprise software and related domains.
- Writing knowledge base articles. The solutions you generate are
documented by our dedicated knowledge base team, converting your
effort into long-term value for customers via self-service and also
reducing the chance you will get repetitive requests.
- Spending your day answering calls or providing basic/trivial
Technical Support Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and developing new solutions that
solve the root cause of customer problems in tickets elevated from
our L1 support team.
- Writing step-by-step processes, technical solutions, and ticket
updates to customers using clear and concise English.
- Learning new products quickly and effectively. When given
access to user and developer documentation, knowledge base
articles, source code, and infrastructure be able to develop a
layered understanding of how the product works end-to-end.
- 2+ years of experience with software development. You won't be
programming in this role, but you will need to read and understand
code, write scripts, query databases, and scrutinize dense log
files while troubleshooting.
- 2+ years of experience with customer-facing technical support
(application, OS, or Networking). The solutions you provide are
highly technical, but a customer-focused approach to ticket
handling is essential to provide a great experience.
C1 level English proficiency (spoken and written) and the ability
to communicate professionally and clearly
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our
inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people advance their
careers. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term
"gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Our platform provides businesses
with the fairest hiring on earth by basing 90% of the decisions on
objective assessments of a candidate's skills and abilities to
perform Real Work. Since we are 100% remote, people can work from
anywhere and earn standardized and competitive compensation,
regardless of where they choose to live.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is
limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and
want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced,
online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online
"screening" assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related
skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists
who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or
company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from
Crossover.com, mark as "Not Spam" since you will receive other
emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on
the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as
your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you
have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting if you
already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply. Crossover Job Code:
Keywords: Crossover for Work, Colorado Springs , Technical Support Engineer (Remote) - $60,000/year USD, Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!