Senior Aerospace Engineer (TS/SCI w/ Poly)
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Description:Job Title: Senior Specialist, Aerospace Engineer
(TS/SCI w/ Poly)
Job Code: SAS20202108-49685
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO OR Chantilly, VA
L3Harris is seeking an experienced Aerospace Engineer to perform
analysis and algorithm development to support national security
space modeling, simulation and analysis. The candidate will support
performance and suitability, development and evaluations of space
and multi-domain CONOPS, systems, and hardware.
- Responsible for algorithm development, quantitative analysis,
orbit determination, decision analysis, capability analysis, system
engineering requirements analysis and trade studies, analyses of
alternatives, design of experiments, and architecture
- Support programs by creating models, simulations, and analysis
tools to support national security space analysis activities.
Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and
validation, evaluations alternatives including cost and risk,
supportability and analyses for total systems Analyses are
performed at all levels of total system product to include:
concept, design, and operations.
- The candidate will work with software development teams to
implement and validate models, ultimately resulting in user
- Develop new algorithms and processes, enhance current tool
capabilities, and perform analyses.
- Interaction with customers and provides input to project
managers on programmatic and technical deliverables under guidance
of senior technical personnel.
- May act as a technical lead for limited aspects of a
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as
- 6+ years of related experience with a Bachelors degree in
Aerospace or other Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related
discipline. Alternatively, 4+ years of prior related experience
with a Graduate Degree.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance w/CI Poly.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in supporting modeling, simulation, and analysis of
national security space related problems desired.
- Software Proficiencies: STK/Astrogator, Astrodynamics
Standards, SOAP, Pro Engineer.
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile approaches to Systems
- Experience working with software development teams and
- development processes.
- Familiar with Java or similar object oriented languages
enabling one to read
- And follow the logic of the code written.
- Experience working with JSON and XML files often used for data
- API definitions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel
- Effective organization level communication, presentation and
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, Java, Parallel Computing,
Keywords: L3Harris, Colorado Springs , Senior Aerospace Engineer (TS/SCI w/ Poly), Engineering , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!