Company: Harrison School District 2
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Middle School Teaching/Music - Vocal
Mountain Vista Community School
Until FilledFor School Year 2022-2023
184- Work Day Calendar
Annual Salary: $44,023+ (Salary placement is based on experience
and education level.)
Click on the following link to view the full salary range on the
License Salary Schedule: https://www.hsd2.org/Page/1978
Help each student learn subject matter and skills that will
contribute to his/her development as a mature, capable and
responsible adult. Provide a positive, healthy and safe environment
in which the student can achieve his/her maximum potential. Meet
and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times
designated. Plan a program of study that, as much as possible,
meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of each
student. Guide the learning process toward the achievement of
curriculum goals. Create a classroom environment that is conducive
to learning and appropriate to the maturity level and interest of
the student. Encourage students to maintain standards of classroom
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an engaging classroom environment favorable to student
learning and personal growth.
- Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge
needed for college and career readiness.
- Communicate clearly in verbal and written formats with
students, parents, and teammates.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials to meet the
needs of students.
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences to best
utilize the available time for instruction.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the
assigned work day.
- Administer standardized tests in accordance with district
- Must be able to lift and move up to 30 pounds.
- Possess or be eligible to receive Colorado Teaching
- Candidate must be endorsed in the content area, passed the
PLACE or Praxis test in the content area, and/or have 24 semester
credits in the content area to meet Every Student Succeeds Act
(ESSA) "highly qualified" status.
- Transcripts required.
- Criminal background check and District fingerprinting required.
Note: Each college transcript shall be authentic, original or
photocopy, bearing the embossed seal of the institution, the
signature of the registrar, and including descriptive titles,
course numbers, credits, and grades for each course listed and
degrees earned, if any. For the purpose of these Rules, credits
shall be in semester hours or may be interpreted as meaning the
equivalent in quarter, trimester, unit or term.
Apply online at www.hsd2.org to complete an online application.
After completing your application, you must apply to each position
that is of interest to you.
Keywords: Harrison School District 2, Colorado Springs , Music Teacher, Education / Teaching , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!