Preschool Teacher Assistants
Location: Canon City
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Preschool Assistant Teachers are individuals who are passionate
about education, and excited about working with children to further
their educational and emotional growth. In collaboration with the
Lead Teacher, Teacher Assistants are responsible for supporting the
implementation of the early childhood classroom curriculum and
assessment process, involving families in classroom experiences,
and cultivating a classroom environment that represents each
child's family culture. Individuals in this role are responsible
for supporting the Lead Teacher in planning and implementing the
daily education program for children from ages 3 to 5. Preschool
Assistant Teachers report directly to the Center Director.
- Collaborates with teachers, ECSE teachers, Speech and/or
Occupational therapists, and other staff members.
- Performs tasks as required by professional staff.
- Be responsible for specific programs and activities, which are
in-serviced by the professional staff.
- Play with and supervise children throughout the daily
- Record data on children's progress.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and in-service
- Apply sound ongoing behavioral principles in working with
- Offer team members observations, suggestions, etc. on behavior,
progress, and program ideas.
- Assist children with clean-up of toys in the classroom.
- Answer phones and take messages as necessary.
- Document an accurate count of children in attendance at
- Do laundry as needed (wash/dry/fold).
- Assist teacher with the preparation of classroom materials (ex:
- Assist teacher with interaction and supervision on the
- Playground upkeep (shovel and rake rubber mulch area, tidy play
items, and cover sandbox).
- Assist teachers with clean-up of classrooms after class. This
includes mopping, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, washing windows,
and cleaning shelves.
- Help children wash hands as needed per health and safety
- Help children brush their teeth as needed.
- Wash paints, trays, supplies, etc.-clean up the kitchen.
- Help children potty, change diapers, clothes, etc. as needed.
- Sit with the sick child until picked up.
- Use appropriate language when talking with children, including
pleasant tones, positive affect, and positive body language
- Know where to find and how to follow all licensing and agency
policies and procedures
- Sit with children during meal times
- Participate in play with children throughout the day, including
- Sweep sidewalks, and clean playground as needed for safety
- Other duties as assigned
- CDA or 6 ECE college-level credits consisting of 101 and 102.
- Have High School Diploma.
- Prefer some experience working with young children.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Enjoys working with young children.
- Ability to work on a team with professionals, paraprofessionals,
- Ability to accept supervision and direction.
- Patience, dependability, and conscientiousness.
- Ability to adapt to new and varied situations.
- Willing to learn many new skills for providing enriched
Keywords: Starpoint, Colorado Springs , Preschool Teacher Assistants, Education / Teaching , Canon City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!