Sr. Principal Software Engineer - Integrator (22-259) - C2BMC
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Launch and Missile Defense Systems
has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Principal Software
Engineer - Integrator to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals. This position will be located in Colorado Springs,
The selected Sr. Principal Software Engineer - Integrator will be
responsible for software integration for Command and Control,
Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) program. C2BMC is the
integrating element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
The selected candidate will also be r esponsible for performing
Installation and configuration of Linux and Windows hardware
platforms from the operating system (OS) up to the C2BMC developed
- Develop test plans/procedures for software integration test
conduct, be responsible for integration/execution, detailed data
analysis, and preparation of software test reports.
- Documentation and verification of all installation and
configuration steps in documentation to be delivered to the
- Develop installation scripts to automate the system
- Coordinate execution of SW integration tests to verify system
- Work with software developers as needed to help diagnose and
identify the root cause of problems found during software
- Submit problem reports for errors found.
- Responsible for implementing all Information Assurance
directives on the systems to include running IA scans.
- Task and coordinate daily integration activities with other
local team members.The selected candidate should thrive in a
fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly
diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering
or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university
and 9 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM
discipline and 7 years of related experience, or a PhD and 4 years
of related experience, or 13 years of related experience in lieu of
- A current DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher
(Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA) is
- Experience in the integration of separate software components
into a single system.
- Experience integrating complex applications on Windows and
- Experience with Linux and Windows system administration
including installing and configuring systems from the OS level
- Experience with VMWare systems administration and
- Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures
and the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing
- Experience with Powershell/Bash/Korn scripting languages
(developing, debugging and maintaining).
- Use of Git Version Control System
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% to support business
- Applicants must have a current active in-scope U.S. Government
DoD issued Secret security clearance which is required to
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or
- Experience with VM Horizon View a plus.
- Experience with DoD integration processes, Agile and DevOps
methodologies and automated test tools.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot application source code
- Familiarity with Java and object-oriented development a
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to
- Knowledge/expertise in the C2BMC concept of operations and user
- Experience writing installation manuals. Salary Range: $114,300
USD - $171,500 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Sr. Principal Software Engineer - Integrator (22-259) - C2BMC, Education / Teaching , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!