Summer Day Camp Counselor - Outdoor Adventure Instructor
Company: Avid 4 Adventure
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Summer Day Camp Counselor - Outdoor Adventure InstructorColorado
Springs, COSummer Day Camp Counselor - Outdoor Adventure Instructor
Colorado Springs, Colorado A summer camp counselor at Avid4
Adventure = you as an Outdoor Adventure Instructor = best job ever!
Why Avid4 Adventure?
- We were again voted by Outside Magazine as one of the 50 Best
Places to Work .
- We are the only summer camp in the world that is a Certified B
Corp (Benefit Corporation).
- We truly live by our Core Values .
- Compensation - we know it's important. So, we base our starting
rates on LIVING WAGE. Starting rate in Colorado Springs, CO is
$14.78. Your hourly rate could be more based on your experience
and/or certifications. Core Responsibilities
- Summer Day Camp Counselors co-lead groups of up to 13 campers
in age and developmentally appropriate instruction with outdoor
activities including mountain biking, rock climbing, paddling, and
Leave No Trace principles.
- Have fun daily.
- Make risk management decisions daily.
- Provide exceptional communication and customer service to
parents and all participants. Job Requirements
- Minimum of Basic/Community First Aid & CPR prior to the start
- At least 19 years of age by the start of camp.
- Share our passion for inspiring kids to get outside and away
- Experience working with school-aged kids through volunteering,
school, babysitting, camp counselor experience, tutoring, etc.
- PREFERRED: Experience in at least one of our core sports:
hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, or paddling. AND - we will
provide you with all of the hard and soft skills you need to
succeed in this position. Important Details
- Job dates : Training starts in late May/early June, depending
on the state in which you will work. Camps run through mid-August.
For specific dates and details on each location & program, please
click here .
- Work week : Monday - Friday, about 40 hours/week. Compensation
- Pay : Starts at $14.78 in Colorado Springs, CO
- Our starting rate aligns with the living wage in all areas we
operate! To see our full compensation rubric, including hourly
rates and experience additives visit our compensation page .
- Benefits : Access to affordable health insurance, access to
free gear, discounted pro deals on gear, free professional
development, and more!
- Public transportation reimbursement to/from camp.
- Need housing? We can support you with a variety of housing
resources. At Avid4, we embrace inclusion, diversity, justice, and
equity, and we acknowledge that the outdoor/adventure education
industry has been and remains a space dominated by white privilege
and those from a higher socioeconomic status. We are actively
working to improve diversity and inclusion both within Avid4
Adventure and in the outdoor industry! Visit our Inclusivity page
to learn more about our commitment and progress. Our summer camp
counselors / instructors are the face of Avid4 Adventure and the
most important part of realizing our mission THANK YOU for
believing in our mission and applying for this important (and fun)
Keywords: Avid 4 Adventure, Colorado Springs , Summer Day Camp Counselor - Outdoor Adventure Instructor, Education / Teaching , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!