Company: Abraxas Youth & Family Services
Location: Canon City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Facility: SOUTHERN PEAKS REGIONAL TREATMENT CENTERCompensation
Base: 40,000Compensation Bonus (if applicable): Equal Opportunity
Employer.Looking to be a Teacher in Colorado?Join us! Be a Colorado
Educator! Whether you want to work as a Long-term Substitute or you
want a career pathway to become a licensed teacher, give us a call
today at .If you have always wanted to be a teacher and have a
bachelor's or higher degree (from a regionally accredited college
or university), you may be ready to become an alternative educator
candidate! Alternative educator candidates may include:
- Recent undergraduates who have never enrolled in or did not
complete a teacher preparation program;
- Early career changers, who have graduated from college, worked
for a few years, and realize that they want to become
- Mid-career changers, who are looking for a pathway to make a
difference in the lives of kids by becoming educators;
- Community members who have college degrees and life
experiences, and want to affect the lives of the children in their
- Paraprofessionals who have completed their bachelor's degrees
and are seeking a pathway to licensure;
- Retired military members who would like to "serve again" by
becoming educators;Do you the drive to make a difference in the
lives of kids? Thinking about becoming a Teacher in Colorado? We
offer an Alternative Teacher Preparation Pathway at Southern Peaks
Regional Treatment Center in Canon City, Co.Alternative Teacher
Preparation PathwaySummary:Under direct supervision of the
Education Director or Assistant Principal the Teacher, Alternative
is responsible for providing specialized instruction in one or more
subjects to clients in order to help them learn the subject matter
and/or skills.Essential Functions:
- Employs a wide variety of instructional methods, behavioral
tools, and materials that are most appropriate for meeting standard
operating procedures and educational objectives that are outlined
in the school curriculum.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
and appropriate to the clients' maturity.
- Creates and maintains accurate client/administrative documents
such as daily attendance and grade books; summarizes achievements
in reports for assigned clients including attendance and
- Develops daily lesson plans and completes all required
- Participates as an educational team member in coordination with
the clients, staff, and school and represents the program in
- Develops therapeutic relationships with residents, significant
others and providers; uses communication skills to engage them in
the treatment process.
- Develops and maintains appropriate professional boundaries
between self, staff, resident, and providers and identifies issues
related to ethics and boundaries, as identified in the Code of
- Effectively uses written, verbal, and non-verbal communication;
uses clinically appropriate forms and records, accurately and
timely documenting resident assessment planning and progress.
- Maintains appropriate credentials and pursues internal and/or
external training and development opportunities.
- Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Knowledge of job responsibility in emergency.
- Knowledge of responsibility regarding actions to end, to
minimize, and report risks.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the
Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management
techniques and skills. Job Requirements:Minimum Requirements:The
following educational requirements are acceptable for this
- Bachelor's degree in related field in subject matter that is
utilized for teaching experience. Experience working with the
population of the hiring unit is preferred.
- Must be in a state approved Alternative Teaching Program with
current Alternative Teaching License; must have state issued
Professional Teacher License within twenty-four (24) months from
entering a Teacher, Alternative position.Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child
clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Sixteen (16) days Paid Time Off per fiscal year (pro-rated in
- Nine (9) Paid Holidays Per Year
- Employee Assistance Program
Keywords: Abraxas Youth & Family Services, Colorado Springs , TEACHER, ALTERNATIVE, Education / Teaching , Canon City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!