Principal Engineer - Product Marketing (RF/MW) Ennis, Clare
Company: Microchip Technology Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Company Description Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading
provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio
comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit
microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate
array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear,
mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency
(RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless
connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable
Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories,
Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory
(SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in
a broad range of products. Job Description Department Description
--The Product Marketing Department supports all the products of the
Discrete Products Group (DPG) that comprise RF and Microwave, High
reliability Discretes, Power Switching Discretes and Integrated
Power solutions. Collectively they represent approximately $1B of
Microchip revenues. What you will do in this position Reporting to
the Senior Manager of Product Marketing, you will be part of the
marketing team supporting all the RF and Microwave products. As a
Principal Engineer - Product Marketing, you will help meet the
aggressive growth goals of the RFMW Business Unit What's attractive
about this opportunity. This position will expose you to emerging
technologies for radar, satellite communications, 5G and more and
will allow you to help our customers revolutionize the way we
communicate, interact and protect our communities. Key job
- Drive RF/MW new product roadmaps and prioritize market segments
to maximize new product ROI.
- Act as "voice of the customer" to ensure that the roadmap
addresses customer pain points and improves RF/MW competitive
position and probability of capturing additional market share.
- Support outbound activities such as customer and field
engagements, training, and trade shows.
- Meet or exceed Revenue, opportunity funnel growth and design
- Contribute to Quarterly Business Reviews to highlight
performance to targets and set customer action plans.
- Attend weekly calls to deliver account/market updates.
- Interface to global sales, regional marketing, application
engineering and R&D teams, to properly evaluate new
opportunities, help launch new products, and ensure successful and
on-time product development.
- Help manage the lifecycle of the product portfolio.
- Drive technology roadmaps by aligning technology and product
requirements with lead customers and design partners.
- Assess opportunities, prioritize projects and product
development, and assist Regional Marketing in driving strategic
projects to business win.
- Define and execute pricing strategy.
- Monitor the market and benchmark Microchip against competitors.
- Maintain and grow Microchip's relationships with its customers
to meet, or exceed, revenue and demand creation targets.
- Implement defined business plans for expansion, and penetration
programs as part of key account strategies - including building a
value proposition by:
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of key customers in key markets
(Space, Aviation, Industrial, Defense, Communications)
- Understanding strengths and weaknesses of DPG competitors and
using this knowledge to leverage additional business. Relationship
- Establish professional working relationships with the internal
senior management team and key customers to ensure organizational
alignment to the customer's long term business strategy.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with corporate
sales and distribution teams.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with industry
experts to understand trends and new business opportunities.
- Ensure the product development team are aligned with the
technology goals of customers and sufficient resources are deployed
to meet those goals.
- Collaborate with Strategic Marketing and Corporate Vertical
Marketing teams to support various marketing initiatives. Job
Requirements Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronic Engineering with a minimum of 8
years related semiconductor and/or power conversion experience
(Masters in Electronic Engineering or MBA is advantageous).
- Experience with RF, Microwave and Millimeter Wave components
including MMICs, GaN transistors, SAW Filters and oscillators and
- Hands on knowledge of current electronics markets for
Industrial, Aerospace and Defense and Communications
- Excellent--communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with
own team, other functions and external customers.
- Ability to work on own initiative, analyse and resolve complex
- Ability to prepare professional marketing material for customer
and internal communications.
- The candidate should be self-motivated and eager to learn new
skills, they need to be flexible, an excellent team player and
demonstrate the Microchip values. NOTE: Applicants must be able to
travel 50% of the time, including international travel.
Keywords: Microchip Technology Inc., Colorado Springs , Principal Engineer - Product Marketing (RF/MW) Ennis, Clare, Advertising , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!