Company: Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care
organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to
people facing access barriers through clinical programs and
education. We provide integrated health care services to include
medical, dental, and behavioral health throughout 28 outpatient
health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and
Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong "Hospitality"
culture. Our organization has over 900 employees and serves more
than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central
regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation
Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Compensation (Pay): $16.00 to $19.73 based on experience.
Summary of Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD
- 403(b) Retirement with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Perks Rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
The Receptionist is the first line of customer service at the
centers and provides direct support and guidance to the patrons of
Peak Vista by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules appointments
- Performs the necessary intake functions for arriving
- Answers questions, cash handling, direction of telephone calls
and other patient service duties
- Upon arrival, advise patients if provider is delayed
- Informs patient every 15 minutes of appointment status.
- Ensures that coverage and presence is always maintained at the
front counter. A primary clinic will be assigned, but may on
occasion travel to our nearby clinics to assist with coverage or
- Ability to frequently travel inside and outside of the Colorado
- Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values
of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all
departments, the management team, staff, and leadership.
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our
- Responsible for the human, financial, and material resources as
well as data and information entrusted to us.
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan
and conflict of interest requirements.
- Enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the
department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental
performance improvement goals.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education
Two years customer service experience preferred
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening;
which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check.
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free
workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares
information from an employee's I-9 to data from the U.S. Department
of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To
learn more, visit: everify.com
Keywords: Peak Vista Community Health Centers, Colorado Springs , Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!