Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Date Posted:2019-02-08-08:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USACollins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
When you join our finance team, youre joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe. As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, youll be not only be advancing your career, youll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team at our Colorado Springs, CO. This position will interact primarily with all functions and elements of the Mission Solutions organization, including Program Management, Engineering, Finance, Contracts and Operations and is therefore an excellent position for an individual who wants to be integral part of a team that is directly responsible for program execution. Opportunities to interact with Collins Aerospace upper management, as well as our external customers and local government agencies are an additional benefit.
- Provide effective financial administrative planning and control on large/challenging development programs.
- Develop program Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) for earned value / project management purposes
- Establish a Contract Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS) and CWBS Dictionary
- Perform analysis of program cost and schedule performance, identifying trends, and providing information to Project Leadership Team for corrective action implementation.
- Extensive interaction with external customer, including the preparation and submission of customer cost & schedule related data items
- Preparation and analysis of Estimates at Complete (EACs) and complete financial support to assigned program teams.
- Support Program Management in assessing program risks and opportunities
- Support teams in preparation for Integrated Baseline Reviews
- Support Program Management in preparation of monthly sales forecasts
- Provide Earned Value training to program teams
- Display good verbal and written communication skills, be a team player, and have good working knowledge of company business systems and policies, contracting processes and earned value management techniques.
- Accommodate unexpected events, achieve critical deadlines with quality results and perform as a flexible team member in support of the objectives and initiatives of Government Systems
- Bachelors degree in an appropriate discipline (Accounting / Finance)
- 3+ years of experience in related field
- Ability to obtain a U.S. DoD Security Clearance (U.S. citizenship is required)
- 3+ years of experience with Excel
- Proven experience presenting to large groups and leadership
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Understanding of Earned Value Concepts
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Colorado Springs , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!