Retirement Business Systems Analyst Senior
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Type : Full time Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant
combo of work and education) Education Desired : Bachelor of
Science Travel Percentage : 1 - 5%Job DescriptionAre you curious,
motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you ll have the opportunity
to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in
financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us,
and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative,
entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.About the
team:Seeking a technical business systems analyst senior for the
Retirement as a Services (RaaS) Plan Management technology squad.
This agile squad is responsible for developing new capabilities and
supporting existing functionality for several Retirement systems
related to plan management and configuration. This squad seeks to
standardize the end to end client onboarding process as well as
plan maintenance through the life cycle of a retirement plan.
Additional integration with downstream consumers as well as plan
data availability through the use of services ensures the
consistency of plan data throughout ancillary applications.What you
will be doing: As a business systems analyst senior, you will
support collaborative end-to-end project implementations and act as
the subject matter expert for our back-office retirement solutions
for internal clients. You will do this by:
- Collaborating with product owners and business partners to
elicit, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for
back-office processes and applications related to Retirement as a
Service product offering
- Performing technical analysis to translate needs/requirements
into functional specifications that describe what the system,
process or service must do to fulfil the end-user/business
requirement. These functional specifications will be in the form of
technical user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Being an active member of Kanban agile team - Participating in
all ceremonies; writing, estimating and executing User Stories;
performing test execution and engaging with both the product owners
and business partners for User Acceptance testing/business
- Other related duties assigned as needed
- Define system scope and objectives through research and
understanding of applications and industry requirements.
- Develop large and/or complex solutions that require analysis
- Work on projects / issues of high complexity that require
demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and/or
- Coach and mentor junior systems analysts.
- Identifying and documenting how applications interact to
support business processes.What you bring:
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, information systems,
finance, mathematics or the equivalent combination of education,
training and work experience.
- 7 or more years of experience as a technical analyst
- 4 or more years of experience working in an agile environment
on an agile team.
- Candidate should have strong problem solving/analytical skills,
excellent communication and collaboration skills, and experience on
kanban agile development teams (writing user stories, user
acceptance criteria, testing and releases)
- Candidate should also have relational database (Oracle, DB2)
and transact sql experience as this is needed for data analysis,
software testing and root cause analysis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools - Excel, Word, Visio
- Detail oriented and thorough in completing tasks
- Ability to work independently and intuitive ability to
- Ability to work well in fast-paced team environment
- Desire to learn new applications
- Ability to document technical requirements at a feature level
through coordination with other team resources (product analysts,
developers, sdets, etc.) as well as outside teams.
- Ability to create stories in Rally and review with team during
refinement and planning sessions.
- Ability to document testing scenarios and convey to SDETs.
- Ability to research and respond timely to inquiries into the
team. Many of these inquiries are related to user activity and are
time sensitive. Onshore hours would be required to support.
- Strong SQL skills
- Very detail oriented.
- Can assess risk and escalate as appropriate.
- Takes the initiative to bring forward opportunities for team
and/or productAdded bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of AWS technologies is a plus.
- Proficiency in the Rally Agile software tool
- Experience with DBVisualizer
- Must be highly flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Knowledge of retirement services industry
- Preferred: Testing experience
- Preferred: Familiarity with TRP RPS plan data stores (DB2, ACS,
- Preferred: Familiarity with TRP products and applications
including Workplace & Synergy.What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a
broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant
issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and
respect.Privacy StatementFIS is committed to protecting the privacy
and security of all personal information that we process in order
to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how
FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online
Privacy Notice .EEOC StatementFIS is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status,
and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is
available here supplement document available here For positions
located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made
a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo
a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description
care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully
perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities
Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may
not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable
accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be
reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Sourcing
ModelRecruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model;
a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment
agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies
which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible
for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our
employees, or any other part of our company.
Keywords: FIS, Colorado Springs , Retirement Business Systems Analyst Senior, Accounting, Auditing , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!