Company: Sanborn Map Company
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Career Opportunities with Sanborn Map Company A great place to
work. Social Sharing Current job opportunities are posted here as
they become available. Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive
instant updates as new positions become available.For 150 years,
Sanborn's commitment to excellence has not wavered, and by
providing innovative, state-of-the-art mapping products and
services, Sanborn continues to be a geospatial industry leader
today. As a marketleader and innovator, Sanborn offers an exciting,
high-energy workplace. We remain at the forefront of the GIS and
photogrammetry industry by offering high quality, technologically
superior products and services backed by the industry's most
experienced staff. We reach our goals by being knowledgeable,
customer-oriented, professional and resourceful. As such, we are
always looking for adventurous, committed people to join our team.
As was true 150 years ago, our employees are the most vital part of
our organization and we credit our dedicated and talented staff for
keeping us at the leading-edge of the mapping industry. We are
looking for a talented individual to fill this role working in a
collaborative environment ready to innovate workflow. SUMMARY The
Staff Accountant position supports the finance department to
maintain financial records and reports, perform account
reconciliations, assist with budget and monthly close processes,
conduct internal audits, maintain accounts payable and expense
processes, assisting with finance department initiatives as needed
and respond to information requests by management for auditing and
reporting purposes. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITES
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account
reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating
budgets and performance projections.
- Prepares weekly management reports and assists in ad hoc
analysis as required.
- Manages the accounts payable process and ensures proper expense
- Manages the expense reporting process.
- Prepares and files sales and use tax and property tax
- Assist maintaining documentation for accounts receivable,
treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Monitors processing of invoices.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Fixed Asset management and tracking.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial
statements, and assisting with audits.
- Keeping informed about current legislation relating to finance
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assists with company and department finance initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EXPERIENCE A minimum of
three years' experience in accounting or finance required. Two
years experience should include accounts payable, general ledger
reconciliations, and resolving moderately complex accounting
issues. EDUCATION Associate's degree (B.A.) in accounting or a
related field or equivalent experience. Bachelor's degree in
accounting or related field preferred. Salary Range: 52K - 66K
annual Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program
which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP,
disability and life insurance benefits. TO APPLY: Visit our
website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is a
AA/Vet/Disability Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Sanborn Map Company, Colorado Springs , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!