Senior Accountant - FP&A
Company: Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care
organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to
people facing access barriers through clinical programs and
education. We provide integrated health care services to include
medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 28 outpatient
health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and
Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong "Hospitality"
culture. Our organization has over 900 employees and serves more
than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central
regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation
Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Compensation (Pay): $65,927.17 to $95,594.40 based on
Summary of Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD
- 403(b) Retirement with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Perks Rewards
- Employee Assistance
This job exists to support the Financial Planning & Analysis
activities of the organization. The Senior Accountant will assist
the Director of FP&A in the budgeting processes for the
organization, as well as providing budgets for grants, capital
investments, and proformas as required. The Senior Accountant
supports compliance with all federal, state, local laws, and
regulations as well as donor and grantor requirements.
Supervision Exercised: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements budgeting activities related to federal, state,
local, and private grants.
- Implements and maintains the organization's grant expenditure
systems ensuring that all expenditures comply with grant
requirements. Develops procedures, processes, and reporting to
assist executive sponsors and grant project owners with timely and
accurate notification of all grant expenses.
- Facilitates the preparation of the annual Operating Budget for
all business units under the direction of the Director of FP&A
and the CFO, including deployment with the senior leadership, and
- Facilitates the preparation of the Capital Budgeting process
and monitors expenditure activity.
- Supports all new business development activities across the
organization by providing forecasting, modeling, and productivity
analysis of potential new services.
- Supports processes to prepare reporting for external agencies,
to include the Uniform Data System, the FFR, and the Medicaid and
Medicare Cost Reports.
- Prepares grant accounting to include budget preparation, based
on program design, completing the funder's submission requirements
and preparing grant implementation reports for leadership and the
- Performs monthly budget variance reports and supports managers
in responding to monthly budget variance report issues. Responsible
for training of center managers on the budget system and
maintaining the budget system to include monthly interfaces of
- Analyzes expenses and cost transactions; ensures that
transactions are recorded accurately and assigned to the
appropriate projects and departments.
- Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values
of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all
departments, the management team, medical staff, and
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality
- Uses project management skills as both a leader and team member
to complete process improvement projects.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan
and conflict of interest requirements. Responsible for reporting
any potentially non-compliant conduct.
- Knowledgeable of and complaint with laws and regulations
governing area of responsibility.
- Enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the
department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental
performance improvement goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Bachelor's degree in business management, finance, accounting
and/or another related field required.
5 years accounting, finance or equivalent experience required.
Grants, non-profit and/or healthcare experience preferred.
- Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening;
which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check.
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free
workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.**PVCHC participates in
the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an
Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's
I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and
Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit:
In order to protect the health and safety of our workforce,
patients, and communities we serve, Peak Vista Community Health
Centers (PVCHC) now requires all employees to provide proof of full
vaccination for COVID-19 or apply for and be granted a medical
and/or religious exemption. For more information on PVCHC's
response to COVID-19, please visit our website at
Keywords: Peak Vista Community Health Centers, Colorado Springs , Senior Accountant - FP&A, Accounting, Auditing , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!