Company: USA Triathlon
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: February 16, 2020
About USA Triathlon
At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim,
bike and run.
USA triathlon is the largest multisport organization in the world
and the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for
the sport of triathlon and all things multisport. We spend every
day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We're
building the most innovative service organization in sports and
transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities
become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest
levels of international competition, striving to win medals with
class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, and innovation is our strategy.
We do this by listening, collaborating and adapting our existing
model. Service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration,
and diversity and inclusion are central to our core values.
We are also all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon
community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are
committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic &
Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting
talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better
every day. We have unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits,
a micro gym on-site, access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic
Training Center and more.
Come to Colorado Springs, rated as the "most desirable place to
live in the U.S. In 2018" by a U.S. News & World Report survey! Be
part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and
expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live
their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
Chief of Staff
Be the first Financial Controller at USA Triathlon. The Financial
Controller is responsible for the overall management and
supervision of the organization's financial operations, including
accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, cash
and investment management, purchasing, financial policies and
procedures, and property management.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for building and
analyzing short- and long-term financial models for the
organization, business units, and the tenant occupied owned
building, as well as developing scenarios and forecasts to support
growth initiatives. The Financial Controller will lead planning and
analytics processes, calculating the monetary effects of potential
business decisions, and serve as a strategic partner and key
advisor for the executive leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have experience proactively identifying
and minimizing risk by implementing internal controls and ensuring
appropriate policies and procedures are followed; auditing
processes and systems to ensure operational efficiencies; and
implementing change management practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver accurate and timely financial projections, forecasts,
and analysis of relevant financial and operational information as
required for the executive leadership team
- Development of all budgets, forecasts and supporting analysis,
requiring the ability to build and maintain sophisticated Excel
- Lead financial planning and analysis activities, including
financial reporting, consistent with USAT's strategic plan, and
short and long-term goals and priorities
- Utilize data analysis and leverage business intelligence to
inform organizational decisions
- Partner with leadership team in taking an idea from concept to
creation, formulating an effective financial strategy
- Work across all teams, programs and operations to help optimize
financial performance and efficiencies and evaluate current
spending to drive resource optimization
- Responsible for assessing and optimizing all existing financial
systems, identifying and implementing improved financial technology
solutions when necessary, and leading financial reporting
requirements with our membership system and registration
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive tax strategy,
implementation and collection
- Lead special finance projects
- Proven ability to act as a senior partner and advisor by
demonstrating outstanding financial analysis, communications,
interpretation, and scenario planning skills
- Solid understanding of key accounting concepts and
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency, solutions
orientated, and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Experience building processes and reporting from scratch
- Willingness to go the extra mile, manage own workload, and work
overtime as needed
- Proven leader that can motivate, manage, and maximize capacity
of a team Education and/or Experience:
- BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, and/or Mathematics (CPA,
MBA and/or CFA a plus)
- 10+ years of progressive experience in high level financial
analysis and/or reporting positions
- Non-Profit experience helpful
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills required Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- 100% employer-paid benefits for the employee: Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life insurance
- 401k 5% match
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Vacation and Summer Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences About USA
Triathlon: USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National
Governing Body for triathlon, as well as duathlon, aquathlon,
aquabike, winter triathlon, off-road triathlon and paratriathlon in
the United States. Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon sanctions more
than 4,300 events and connects with more than 400,000 members each
year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world.
In addition to its work at the grassroots level with athletes,
coaches, and race directors - as well as the USA Triathlon
Foundation - USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite
athletes competing at international events, including International
Triathlon Union (ITU) World Championships, Pan American Games and
the Olympic and Paralympic Games. USA Triathlon is a proud member
of the ITU and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).
- How did you hear about this job?
- When are you available to start?
- Did you submit the required cover letter and resume?
- What are your salary expectations?
Keywords: USA Triathlon, Colorado Springs , Financial Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!